We’re talking easy peasy microwave recipe in Foods 1. I wanted to use up the rest of our apples this week, plus incorporate oats to reinforce it’s super food quality of reducing cholesterol. We talk about in advance and then add it to a few of our recipes.
This new recipe I worked on is truly delicious and a nice single serving fall treat.
Microwave Mug Apple Crisp
- 1 small apple or about 1 cup peeled and cut into thin slices (we use an apple peeler corer, slicer gizmo)
- Separate slices and place in a gallon size bag.
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
2. Pour into a microwave safe mug
In the same bag, add:
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine (for frugal classroom use), cubed
- 1 T. oats
- 1 T. flour
3. Mash with your fingers on the outside of bag, working the butter/margarine into the oats and flour
4.Pour over apples in mug. Microwave about 2 minutes or until apples are fork tender.